Hi everyone. I hope you’re all having a good day! Sorry I’ve not been posting much recently, I’ve been quite busy with one thing and another but I’m so happy to be back with the blog posts. I thought I’d share my FAV cupcake recipe at this time of year: spiced cupcakes with orange pumpkin spice frosting and sprinkle*drools*.Let me know in the comments what the last thing you baked was.
- 50g unsalted butter
- 180g caster sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon caramel flavouring
- 160g plain flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 160ml milk
- 4 teaspoons of pumpkin spice powder
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 400g icing sugar
- 200g unsalted butter, softened
- 5 drops of orange food colouring
- 3 teaspoons of pumpkin spice mix.
NOTE : If you don’t have pumpkin spice mix (you can usually only buy it in USA), there are lots of recipes online of how to make it. It’s essentially just cinnamon, nutmeg and LOTS of other spice mixed together.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees celcius and line a cupcake tray with 12 cupcake cases
- Mix the sugar and butter together until light and creamy before mixing in the eggs, vanilla extract and caramel flavouring.
- Finally, fold in the flour, baking powder and spices until you have a smooth batter while slowly incorporating the milk.
- Spoon the mixture evenly into each of the cases(it should make 12)before popping in the oven for around 18 minutes.
- For the icing, whisk the icing sugar and butter together until smooth and pale. Drop by drop, add the orange food colouring in until you have an orange shade you’re happy with. Finally, mix in the pumpkin spice mix.
- For icing, I used a wide 6-star piping nozzle to ice the cakes before topping with some cute autumnal sprinkles I found in Homesense.Rebecca Rose x