~Day 5 of 12 Days of Rebecca Rose~
One of my favourite things about Christmas is all the films that come with it! You just can’t beat an evening cuddled up on the sofa with a tub of Roses and binge watching Christmas films. I thought I’d share my top 10 Christmas films of all time which always put me in a festive mood. Let me know what your favourite Christmas film is!
1. Elf – This is my ALL-TIME FAVOURITE Christmas film! It is the ultimate family Christmas movie and it’s also really funny. Will Ferrell, plays an elf in the North Pole who hasn’t yet realised that he is in-fact a human! When he finally realises, he embarks on a journey to New York to find his real dad whilst getting himself in all sorts of trouble.
2. Polar Express(2004) – I watched this for the first time last year, and although the story is a bit dark, it has a really good storyline and the animations are so beautiful which adds to the overall magic! A young boy takes a train ride to the North Pole and he has all sorts of adventures and makes discoveries about himself.
3. The National Lampoons Christmas Vacation(1989)- This is such a funny film and even though it’s borderline slapstick, it makes the film even better! The family decide to start decorating for Christmas and things go from bad to worse. His weird cousin and family turn up unexpected at his house for Christmas and his Christmas bonus doesn’t arrive…
4. Miracle of 34th Street(1994 edition) – I absolutely love this film! The girl from Matilda comes back to play a 6 year-old Susan, who doesn’t believe in Santa until she finds the real Santa Clause at a special department store.
5. How the Grinch Stole Christmas(2000) – I love the animation for this film and I think Jim Carey was the perfect fit for the role. The grinch of Whoville town decides to ruin Christmas for the festive citizens. However, Cindy Lou Who thinks otherwise…
6. Home Alone(1990) – I actually watch this film all year round but it’s even better at Christmas time! When Kevin gets stuck at home whilst his family go on a Christmas vacation he gets himself into all sorts of trouble and mischief.
7. The Holiday(2006) – This is such a lovely film and I love the cosy English cottage that Cameron Diaz goes to stay at. In the film, Californian Amanda decides to swap homes with English rose Iris for a much-needed break and both end up falling in love.
8. The Snowman(1982) – We only watch this film once a year on Christmas Eve and I have so many fond memories of it. It’s only 30 minutes long and has no sound but has the most beautiful music featuring ‘I’m Walking in the Air’.
9. Arthur Christmas(2011) – This is the perfect family film and I’m actually watching it whilst editing this blog post! When Santa delivers presents to all but one child, Arthur Christmas(Santa’s child) goes on a mission to deliver it .
10. Deck the Hauls(2006) – Last, but definitely not least, is this hilarious film! Two neighbours have it out after one of them decorates his house for the holidays so brightly that it can be seen from space.
Rebecca Rose x
Instagram – @thatrebeccarose
Pinterest – @thatrebeccarose