I have always loved Party Rings because of their pretty pastel colours, so I thought why not add them to cupcakes!? These are perfect for a party or for a sweet treat and look soo pretty. I drizzled some white chocolate over it and I think that it finished it of perfectly. Happy Baking!!
- 50g unsalted butter
- 180g caster sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon of caramel extract(or you can use vanilla)
- 160g plain flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 160ml milk
For the icing:
- 250g icing sugar
- teaspoon of caramel extract
- 125g butter
- around 70g of white chocolate
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees celsius and line a muffin tin with 12 paper cases(I used some AMAZING copper cases from Lakeland.
- Cream together the butter and the sugar – I used a KitchenAid to do this but a whisk would be just as good! Then, mix in the egg and caramel extract.
- Stir in the flour and baking powder before slowly adding the milk until you have a smooth batter.
- Using a ladel, add the mixture into the cupcake cases and pop in the oven for around 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Whilst the cakes are in the oven, it’s time to make the icing! Cream the butter, icing sugar and caramel extract until pale and smooth.
- Once the cakes are cool, add the icing to a piping bag(I used a 6-star wide nozel) and pipe onto the cupcakes. Pop two party rings in contrasting colours into the centre of the cupcake. I found that you have to push them in a bit to get them to stay.
- Heat up the white chocolate in the microwave at 30 second intervals. Pour into an icing bag and cut a small snip of the top before drizzling over the cupcakes.
Rebecca Rose x
instagram – thatrebeccarose
pinterest – rebeccarose_2017