I find that in Autumn there are endless Pumpkin Spice Lattes in cafes but not many spiced hot chocolates. Personally, I prefer hot chocolates so I thought I’d try to make one myself. This drink took quite a while to perfect, sometimes it was way too spicy and cinnamonny (is that even a word)?! Other times, you couldn’t even taste any spice. I think I’ve finally perfected it and I’m obsessed with the result! It’s the perfect drink for cosying up on a cold night with the fire on. I like to top mine with marshmallows but you can top it with anything you want:whipped cream, sprinkles, flake. The choices are endless!
-25 grams milk chocolate chips(or any chocolate you like)
– 1 cup of milk
– Cinnamon stick
– 1/2 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
-1/2 teaspoon of nutmeg
- Fill up your chosen cup with milk and pour into a saucepan. Add your chocolate chips, cinnamon stick and spices.
- Stir gently on a low heat till the chocolate has melted and the milk is just starting to boil.
- Pour the hot chocolate into your cup.
- Now for the fun part! Top your hot chocolate with your chosen toppings: whipped cream, sprinkles, marshmallows.
I hope you liked this recipe. Make sure to let me know if you try it: I would love to see how your hot chocolate went! I have recently set up an Instagram and a Pinterest account and I would LOVE it if you cold check me out. You can find me here:
Instagram – rebeccarose_2017