I love sweet treats and brownies are no exception. I think brownies are soo much better when you make them yourself, especially if you have a piece just when they come out the oven and the white chocolate is still melted. These brownies are AMAZING, they are soft and gooey on the inside whilst still firm on the outside. My mouth is watering just thinking about them! Here is my go-to brownie recipe and I think adding the white chocolate chunks just make them that bit better. I think these go perfectly with a cup of tea or a hot chocolate if you are a serious chocaholic.
Makes – 16 brownies
Skill level – easy
Prep time – 15 mins
Cook time – 20-25 mins
- 100g white chocolate
- 200g milk chocolate – I find using Cadbury’s chocolate works best
- 100g unsalted butter
- 250g caster sugar
- 4 medium eggs
- 60g plain flour
- 60g cocoa powder
- Preheat the oven to 180c and line a square tin (mine was about 20cm) and line with grease-proof paper.
- Break up the milk chocolate into chunks and pop them in a microwaveable jug. Microwave at 30 second intervals, stirring them each time, for around 1 and a half minutes and leave to cool. Alternatively, you could heat it in a bowl over steam but I find the microwave is a lot quicker.
- Blend the butter and sugar together until pale and fluffy. I used a KitchenAid to do this or you could use a hand-held electric whisk.
- Crack in the eggs, one at a time, and mix until fully incorporated. Then, add in the melted chocolate
- Sieve the flour and the cocoa powder into the mixture and fold in. Even though it’s boring, it’s important to sieve it in because it makes the brownie rise as there’s no other raising agents.
- Chop up the white chocolate into reasonably sized chunks and stir into the brownie mixture.
- Pour the mixture into your tin and pop it in the oven for 20-25 minutes depending on your oven.
- Take your brownies out the oven and, as much as you may be tempted, leave to cool so they fully set before you have a slice. I know it’s hard but trust me, you don’t want underdone brownies!